Welcome to the life of Eleanor Guilford! She is a sassy, cute three year old who loves to run, read, and ramble on about anything...did we mention she just happens to have CF? Follow our struggles, triumphs and everyday lulls...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Enzymes and Easter

Robert and I made the decision to change Eleanor's enzymes because we were always having bad poops when we got to the bottom of the container.  So we changed from Creon to Zenpep.  This past Saturday Eleanor had the 6 BM's and I could not take it anymore so on Sunday morning we swapped back.  As I have told you that was a bad idea. 
So now that we have swapped back to the Zenpep things are finally starting to come around.  Eleanor had been getting up at 6:45 am.  (I know this sounds normal but not for Eleanor)  The combination of the lack of sleep and her body getting used to the new enzymes was quite a trying time for us.  Today we seem to be mostly over the hump...she slept until 8 this morning and has had two almost normal BM's.  We are hoping that this change will be for the best.  Please keep praying that these enzymes will be more effective than the Creon and be consistenly effective to help her to continue to gain weight.

Funny story...

We were in Publix, yes I go there almost everyday, and we were walking up the isle when she saw an older man and said, "Hi, Mr Noodle!!"  (Mr. Noodle is a man on Elmo's world)  The man looked at us like what?!?  It was pretty funny, at least to me it was.

Today after coming back from Publix I had gotten the groceries out of the car and was about to get Eleanor out when she said,"Help! Fix my arm."  Her arm had an impression from the seat belt on it.  I told her it was ok and it would go away.  She said,"Want mommy to kiss it!"  So I kissed her arm to "Make it feel better" and then she looked at me and said, " I love you Mommy!"  I wanted to squeeze her.  She is the cutest thing.  I love it when they are expressing their feelings...well most of the time!

Easter suffering first then everlasting Joy...

To receive the joy of Easter Sudnay we must go through the pain and sacrifice of Good Friday...

"At the sixth hour darkness cam eover the whole land until the ninth hour.  And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"  -- which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

When some of those standing near heard this, they said, "Listen he's calling Elijah."  One man filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink. "Now leave him alone.  Let's see if Elijah comes to take him down," he said. 

With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.  - Mark 15:33-37

He is RISEN!!!  He is RISEN INDEED!

"Don't be alarmed," he said.  "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified.  He has Risen!  He is not here.  See the place where they laid him. - Mark 16:6


I hope everyone has a great Easter Sunday celebrating the Risen Lord and his sacrifice for our sins.

Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment