Welcome to the life of Eleanor Guilford! She is a sassy, cute three year old who loves to run, read, and ramble on about anything...did we mention she just happens to have CF? Follow our struggles, triumphs and everyday lulls...

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rainy Days equal Sunny Times at the Guilfords

Rainy Days

It seems to always be raining this week.  It sometimes makes you wonder if that is how God is feeling right now?  Sad that even though our area, our nation, is in the mist of a crisis people still refuse to believe in Him. 

CRISIS!! UNEMPLOYMENT!  OIL SPILL!!  Sorry for the yelling but it seems that this is all we hear anymore...which is why I cannot and will not watch endless hours of FOX or any other shows out there.  Yes, I do keep up with current events thru the internet and at least while reading I don't have to listen to people yelling at each other.  It seems like they think that by yelling it will help enforce their message.  It, unfortunately, doesn't.  I know how we got ourselves into this mess.  By not standing up for what we believe and not spending daily time in God's word and prayer.  HELLO!!  Don't you think HE is trying to get your attention?!?  Ugh!  Oops, what did I say about yelling.  Sorry! :)  So in these times when you are feeling like no one cares remember these:

"Before they call I will answer, while they are still speaking I will hear." Isaiah 65:24

"When I am afraid I will trust in Thee" - Ps 56:3

= Sunny Times


Well, sorry for the rant. I know that the only way to God is thru Jesus Christ His Son. I just pray that people will see the JOY He gives our family and understand what it means to truly have peace in the midst of a crisis. It really has been raining here this week. Even though the rains came the sunshine in our lives has not gone. We have the Anders down this week and it has been a huge blessing to our family. Eleanor loves her cousins, Aunts and Uncles! She loves to play with her cousins. Joshua helped Eleanor to fly...


 
She was putting on the charm...see that grin!
 

She is the sunshine!  Today since is has been pouring outside I was trying to think of something fun to do inside.  We found a tent that Aunt Lulu and Aunt Becky gave her for Christmas and put it up!
Here is my little butterfly with her bracelets on in her "tower" as she calls it...


 
We ate lunch in the tent and she even wanted to go in the tent for her nap.  She is peacefully asleep in her toddler bed right now.  I know we will be spending more time in her "tower" when she wakes up.
This little butterfly is why I cannot let the worldy things get me down.  She is a gift from God to our family and shows me more about Him every day.
 
CF News
 
She is in the midst of her 28 day cycle.  We are on day 14, I believe, so our TOBI cough that comes it back and it sounds absolutely horrible.  I know that it means the TOBI is getting the junk loose but I know her tummy muscles have to be tired.  Through it all she smiles and plays like nothing is wrong.  This is her life...CF will not rule it.
 
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Matt. 19:26


Next CF Appointment is July 26th.


Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment