Welcome to the life of Eleanor Guilford! She is a sassy, cute three year old who loves to run, read, and ramble on about anything...did we mention she just happens to have CF? Follow our struggles, triumphs and everyday lulls...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Give Praise in bad moods and good moods

I am going to tell you ten things I am thankful for since I have not been in the best mood today I think I need to remind myself what I have to be thankful for.  (If you know me well I would make you do the same if you were in a funky mood)

1.  I am thankful everyday that God loves me!  An undeserving, sinful person...he continues to provide grace and shows his mercy to me in life when I think I can no longer handle it.

2.  I am thankful for my husband who loves me all the time, puts up with me and all of my fabulous quirks.  Trust me I have too many to list.

3.  I am thankful for the little girl named Eleanor who is a joy in my life even when she challenges me.  She brightens my world and reminds me how I must look to the Lord sometimes. Also, for the laughter she brings to our lives. 

4.  I am thankful for my family.  As big as it is there is always a funny story or two to hear...also for the love shown by all of them.

5.  This may sound weird but I am thankful for Eleanor's cystic fibrosis.  It has brought me closer to the Lord and to my husband.  It would have been easy to get mad and thrown in the towel but that is not how the Lord made me and I am a better wife, mother, person for the trials cystic fibrosis has brought into my life so far.  I would not change it for anything.

6.  I am thankful for the body of Christ I get to worship with on Sunday mornings and the friends the Lord has provided to me.


7.  In today's times I am thankful that my husband has a job that he likes and for the most part enjoys going to everyday.  I know that not everyone is in the same boat.

8.  I am thankful for technology.  Without the internet and email the CF battles would be harder to deal with.  The technology keeps me in the loop with what is going on in the CF world and keeps me in touch with other CFers and CF Moms.

9.  I am thankful for working appliances.  I went a month and a half without a washing machine and during that time my refrig quit as well.  It is nice to have creature comforts we take for granted everyday.

10.  I am thankful for the little things...like eleanor's attitude with her treatments, another solid BM today!!, my parents and in-laws helping dog-sit when we were in the hospital, being able to spend my life loving and caring for Eleanor. 

This is not an exhaustive list at all.  It was just what first popped into my head.  Remember when things are not going your way or you are just having a bad day.  Count ten blessing the Lord has given you or give praises to him try five if you can't find ten.  After you look at your list you may just realize how much you are loved and cared for and snap out of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment