Welcome to the life of Eleanor Guilford! She is a sassy, cute three year old who loves to run, read, and ramble on about anything...did we mention she just happens to have CF? Follow our struggles, triumphs and everyday lulls...

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Update

After the doctor's visit I took her and my husband's advice and stopped the milk battle.  I no longer try to push a cup of milk in her in the mornings.  It has definately made our mornings much easier.  Now she gets a milkshake everyday or half a large one I should say.  Robert and I make her a shake and here are the ingredients:
1/2 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. whole milk
1/2 packet of a CIB chocolate
1 c or more of ice cream
a good handful of M&M's or what ever cookies we have

Then we blend.  I have no idea how many calories but I do know that she loves it.  She called it her ice cream shake.


Eating like a Big GIURL!  (that is how is sounds when Eleanor says it)

Nanny and Bubs were down for her visit and they brought me some toddler plates.  I cut her hot dog up into small pieces and put it in front of her with a fork.  I did not know what to expect because up to this point I had been feeding her.  It is not that she couldn't do it...it is because I am a control freak.  There I said it!  I don't like huge messes, etc.  Well, she ate like a big girl.  She stuck the fork in the hot dog pieces and ate them.  After she was done with that we had crackers and dip.  (cream cheese of course!)  She ate that all by herself as well.  So we had success and I finally got to eat at the same time without my food getting cold.  Not that I minded because I would rather starve then Eleanor go hungry, but it was a luxury that I have not been used to since January 28, 2008. 

At the end of the meal I told her to clap her hands for herself because she ate like a big girl.  I did a repeat at supper.  She had chicken nuggets cut into small pieces and I put her tomato dip (ketchup) on the plate.  She speared the chicken with her fork and stuck it in her dip and then into the mouth.  Robert took some pix but I have to upload them.  It was sooo cute.  Robert and I both enjoyed a supper together without force feeding Eleanor.  So we have made another step of Eleanor growing up.  She now thinks that she is supposed to feed herself all the time.  So another step in independence for her.

Her cough seems to slowly be getting better.  She has been a little more relaxed these last few days.  Not as energetic but she doesn't have a fever so I am just watching her.  Oh, when to be a mommy and when to be a nurse. 

We are almost done with the TOBI...YEAH!!  We finish on Sunday and are off until April 7th or 8th.  We go for our follow-up visit with Dr. Van Hook on March 25 so we will have something to report after that.

Funny things....

We were getting ready to go to the beach house and I was finishing up getting her cold stuff together and she apparently thought I had lost something again because she looked at me and said, "Mommy where's your purse?"  I could only laugh and tell her it was not my purse I had lost. 

She also loves her Daddy's favorite breakfast.  Bacon and dinner rolls.  Robert would put a piece of bacon in a little bit of a roll and hand it to her.  She would say Yummy more bread. 

Last night Robert picked her up for her bath and she looked at me and said, "Mommy come on." 

We were at the grocery store today and she was eating her cookie.  Gotta love Publix they give kids free cookies.  It is a lifesaver for me.  I was putting things in the cart and she was giving me a running commentary on what it was.  Oh Crackers!  There's the celery!  Oh look at the bamanas!  She would occasionally turn around and try to pick something out of the cart and put in her lap.  I would tell her no touch eleanor.  Well after about three times in a row I said, "What does mommy say?"  She looked at me and said," NO Touch!"  I held back my smile.  She is too funny.  She knows what is right but just can't quite help herself sometimes.

All for now,
Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment